Ask for an offer with Marleen
Marleen is an experienced argumentation and moderatoring skills trainer and an active discussion moderator at SpeakSmart/moderaator.ee.
As a moderator, Marleen has led various discussions including public debates, political debates, business meetings and strategy sessions. In 2019, Marleen moderated the biggest debate of the Opinion Festival between the parliamentary party chairmen. For the last two Opinion Festivals, Marleen trained the organisers and moderators, and was also one of the voluntary moderators at the festival.
She provides excellent support in developing social and educational endeavours because of her knowledge of sociology and educational leadership, which she combines with the skill of debating.
Marleen's clients from public sector are Praxis (including coaching for public procurement “Fundamentals of Policy Making: Principles and Techniques for Impact Assessment and Inclusion”), Ministry of Culture (including designer and moderator of discussion sessions “Estonian Cultural Policy 2030”), Ministry of Social Affairs, The Foresight Centre, Tallinn City Office Service Bureau, Tallinn Central Library, Enterprise Estonia, Eesti Energia, Estonian Academy of Arts, National Foundation of Civil Society, Archimedes Foundation and others.
Marleen's clients from private sector are TransferWise, Miltton New Nordics (former communications bureau JLP), Omniva Catalyst Baltic, Estonian Connected Health Cluster, Heateenindus.ee
From non-governmental organizations are The Opinion Festival (training discussion designers and moderators over the past 5 years), MTÜ Peaasjad, MTÜ Kodukant Läänemaa, Estonian LGBT Association, Union of Car Vocational Studies, Estonian Roundtable for Development Cooperation, MTÜ Mondo, Social Enterprise Estonia, Estonian National Youth Council, Estonian Junior Doctors' Association and others.
In 2012, Marleen graduated from the Faculty of Social Sciences at University of Tartu and she received her master's degree in Educational Innovation and Leadership from Tallinn University in 2015. She has worked as a project manager for the Good Deed Foundation and has been the head of Terve Eesti Sihtasutus and the advocacy program of Network of Estonian Nonprofit Organizations. Marleen is the founder and consultant at Haap Consulting OÜ.
Marleen works in Estonian and fluent English.
Feedback to Marleen's work:
- Very competent and informative. Good speaker.
- Very competent.
- Professional and well-prepared.
- Good materials, expert in her field and a well set-up course.
- The course was clear and had good examples. The participants were included in the discussions and made to think.
- Kept to the given topic, excellent knowledge of the subject, charming.
- The trainer concentrated thoroughly on the topic and was thinking along with us. The suggested program for the seminar was very reasonable and logical. She was able to include people in discussions and in group assignments. Thank you!
- Marleen was very nice! It was a pleasure to work with her. She was immediately able to make a connection with people and for me it was easier and more comfortable to work with her because I am usually modest.
- Very natural!
- Both teachers (Marleen and Sigrid) were very professional and charming, which is important! They came across as reliable and were able to create a good group atmosphere where everyone is free to offer their opinion. At the same time they are experts in managing the group, which can prove to be difficult. They were well-prepared, but were able to be flexible and make changes whenever necessary. The theoretical and practical part was well-balanced. I most appreciated that after the practical part there was analysis, which perfectly showed the professionalism of the teachers. Despite the long training day the course was not exhausting but instead gave energy and inspiration! Thank you!
- Friendly, open and reasonable attitude and communication. Quick management. High-quality and professional execution. Kristiina Raud, Estonian LGBT Association
- The course was engaging and interesting. The trainer was professional. We were wondering how the course would end up being and in the end, the reality met all our expectations! Thank you! Carmen Kirst, National Foundation of Civil Society
- Everything was excellent! Client's wishes were taken into consideration and the content of the course was altered accordingly. Customised service. Thank you. Erkki Kubber, SEV
- Very good cooperation, quick communication and all the participants and organisers were very happy with the result. Mai Aasjõe, Mondo
- Marleen has extensive experience as a trainer and moderator. She knew how to give us just the information we needed. Thank you! Saara Sadrak, Estonian Junior Doctors' Association